We sometimes put our skills to work on atypical projects, far from the field of social and market research. This is the case of “A Chance for Change”, a project for which we are currently developing an e-learning platform.
A Chance for Change: the project
On 30 September 2019, thanks to Erasmus+ funding, Restorative Justice For All (UK) launched the project “A Chance for Change“, which brings together a cross-sector partnership of 6 organisations from several European countries, including Gide.
Stay up to date and read the newsletters
The aim of the project is to develop innovative teaching methods and help address the root causes of gender-based violence and gender discrimination.
The results of the project will help to implement the Europe 2020 strategy and EU gender equality policies through the following actions:
- Increasing young people’s awareness of their rights and responsibilities particularly pertaining to GBV, discrimination, exclusion and abuse.
- Empowering young people to get involved in the project through volunteering and social action.
- Developing and piloting 2 accredited courses and a “GBV Youth Workers’ Competence
- Building relationships among organisations servicing youth in the participating countries and across Europe, while providing key workers of the participating organisations with new skills and knowledge so that they can deliver the project’s objectives and transfer them to others.
Gide is participating in project coordination and in integrating the e-learning platform.
A project in line with Gide’s values
This is not the first time that we work on a European project under the Erasmus+ programme.
Several years ago, we participated with European partners in the Welcome Language Clubs project. This is an initiative to provide a resource platform for anyone to set up a local club to help refugees and migrants learn the language of their host country. As part of this project, Gide has set up the entire technical platform: creation of the website, implementation of the Moodle solution, integration of elements provided by the various partners, etc.
These projects, for which we provide our technical expertise in web development, are aligned with Gide’s values:
- Learning and education
- Outward-looking and non-discrimination
Gide’s teams are therefore proud to be involved in these meaningful projects, which contribute to the implementation of our CSR policy.